Friday, May 8, 2009

The baby!!!!!

Channing James Pedersen cam e into the world on March 12, 2009. I was only 33 weeks when my water broke at 1am that Thurs. We rushed to the hospital at 330am. I was admitted and got the epidural at noon and he was out with three pushes at 2:58pm. The cord was wrapped around his neck and he was 6lbs 2oz. He screamed beautifully for the first ten min. He started grunting and they took him away. I had no idea what happened to him for about two hours. They took me to my postpardum room and asked if before I went to bed, did I want to see him? I said of course and they took me in and I wasnt prepared. He had a cpap, IV, and moniters everywhere on him. I stayed only a few min before I felt lightheaded. The next day I felt great. THey discharged me and said I could hold him after! I was so excited! We put everything in the car and we were walking back when.... The Cpap ended up blowing out his R lung. They did a pleural effusion where they stick a huge syringe into his chest cavity to pull out the air and they put a chest tube in through his ribs. He also had to be put on a ventilator. The world was spinning. My MY perfect little boy wasnt doing good. All I remember was sitting on the hospital bed in my old room in the arms of my husband and praying to God that he will pull through and be ok. We were balling and didnt know what to do. We couldnt understand why this was happening to little Channing. He had just come from Heavenly fathers presence. Why did he have to experience this. Was this a learning experience for us? Of course it was. We had to learn that in this life we have trials and we have to trust in the Lord and humble ourselves to get through it.

Well he got better day after day and all the tubes came out. FINALLY I got to hold my son. It was about four days after and they let me hold him and try to bottle nipple him. With oxygen in his nose and a tube going down to his stomach, he gulped those 10cc down like it was no bodys business!

He got better and was able to come home with us March 21st.
He was 5lbs 12oz when we brought him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment