Sunday, February 21, 2010

First night watching Channing

So, there was a free concert at Toby Kieths Bar and Grill this past friday that Amber and I were gonna go to with Tara and Garrett. HOwever, Garrett went hunting and we were unable to find a baby sitter so... I, being the good husband I think I am, convinced Amber to go with Tara and I'd babysit my boy. Man, was I excited. I mean, this would be the first time I had watched my son for more than an hour. Things were going great, I was chasing Channing, he was chasing me, we were dancing, playing, I even fed him dinner! Yes! Victory! Then, I looked at the clock, it had only been a measly half hour... I was pooped! Channing, as odd as it may be, has out lasted me! So, I did what any tired dad would do... I put him in bed....and was consistent.... in getting him back out every 5 minutes as he would cry and say "dada, dada". And we would play and play and play. His bed time is supposed to be between 630 and 700... he didnt go to bed until a little after 800. But it was fun and I loved every minute of it.

Amber finally got home around 11pm. She had a fun time at the concert. I think the past part of the evening for her was when she was waiting for Tara to come with the car, a mexican, a white man, and then a black man (all at separate times) came up to her and offered to give her a ride home. All in all it was a fun night. Amber got a well deserved night out with her friend and I had a fun night with my son. I love being parent!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good writer. I definitely laughed out loud!! :) I love all the updates. Oh! And I will be sending an e-mail to answer your questions. Miss and love you guys!!

    P.S. where are the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon,

    To get music on your blog you need to go to http://www.playlist.com/, or you can go to the bottom of our blog and you can find the button where it says to create a a free playlist. You do need a account but its just a email and pass. But then at the end you just put the code into the layout part of you blog. If you have anymore questions just let me know.

    The Walsers!

    ReplyDelete